Did you know most web sites are shutting out part of their potential audience by simply not looking at website accessibility.
The focus on accessibility at radharc is not just an addon here, its part of my inclusive design process to ensure WCAG 2 compliance.
Considering web accessibility from the outset means that you are not precluding people who are:
- Over 35 years of age, that’s about when your vision starts to degrade.
- Blind or have poor vision
- Suffering a sports injury
- Colour blind
- Wheelchair bound
- Have mobility issues
- Are unable to use a mouse
- Can’t remember things a few minutes ago
- Are dyslexic
- In a rural locations on a slow connection
- Using a mobile device
Major Web Accessibility Benefits
Having a web site or application developed this way doesn’t cost anymore, it’s just about getting a few things right at the planning stages.
If the correct process is followed, then the benefits of an accessible website with flow on such as:
- Improved Search Engine Marketing
- Ease of use of the site to a wider audience (25% of people over 30 have a disability)
- Continued access to the aging population
- Simplification and easing of access for all the community
To help you achieve this I can offer you:
- Practical accessibility audits and evaluations
- Practical accessibility and inclusive design solution and consulting
If you are considering a project that involves a wide audience, then talk to me about the best approach.